Nuclear Safety Hazard Analysis Engineer (28546)
Amentum is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Nuclear Safety Engineer to support projects in the Aiken, SC office. The Engineer will perform nuclear risk and hazard analyses to ensure safe operations. Duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to; hazard identification, hazard analysis, facility hazard categorization, accident analysis, selection of controls, and development of associated safety basis documents including un-reviewed safety question determinations, documented safety analysis, technical safety requirements, and safety assessment documents.
• Develops and maintains safety basis documents and safety basis program procedures.
• With minimal supervision, performs hazard analyses of nuclear operations, defines functional specifications, and recommends credited controls to mitigate unacceptable hazards.
• Develop a portion or section of an analysis or nuclear safety review.
• Assist in generation of accident analysis and engineering data.
• Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondence.
• Identifies and describes the interrelationship of safety basis requirements to existing and new designs and operations.
• Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
• Interface with customers in nuclear safety reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements.
• Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and nuclear safety procedures.
• Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
Due to the nature of the work must be a US Citizen
Dual Citizenship not permitted
Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Physical Science [Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related] with at least 7 years of experience in an Engineering setting
Knowledge of nuclear facility safety basis documentation and application of related safety basis rules, guides, orders, standards, and handbooks.
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen only. Dual Citizenship will not be accepted for
Ability to develop, implement and maintain DSA and safety basis documentation in accordance with 10 CFR 830, 10 CFR 851, 29 CFR 1910.119, applicable DOE Orders.
Experience leading hazard analysis studies (HAZOP, What if, FMEA).
DOE experience is preferred.
Candidate must be eligible to obtain a DOE Q clearance.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.