Nuclear Safety/Accident Analysis Engineer (28549)
Amentum is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Nuclear Safety/Accident Analysis Engineer 3 to support projects in the Aiken, SC office. The Engineer will support and perform nuclear risk and hazard analyses to ensure safe operations.
Duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to; source term modeling (release rate, pool formation and evaporation, and aerosol formation methods); atmospheric dispersion modeling (meteorological concepts and passive and dense vapor cloud dispersion methods); fire modeling (pool fire, jet fire, boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion [BLEVE] fireball, and flash fire methods); explosion modeling (vessel rupture, BLEVE, vapor cloud explosion, and confined explosion methods); data and correlations for evaluating personnel injury and facility/equipment damage resulting from toxic exposure, fires, and explosions; and risk analysis methods.
- Conduct analytic studies and/or scientific studies.
- With minimal supervision, perform quantitative analyses of nuclear operations, defines functional specifications, and recommends credited controls to mitigate unacceptable hazards.
- Develop a portion or section of an analysis or nuclear safety review.
- Assist in generation of accident analysis and engineering data.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Identify and describe the interrelationship of safety basis requirements to existing and new designs and operations.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and
- Interface with customers in nuclear safety reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and nuclear safety procedures.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain a DOE Q clearance
Due to the nature of the work must be a US Citizen
Dual Citizenship not permitted
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering) with at least 5 years of experience in an Engineering setting.
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen only. Dual Citizenship will not be accepted for
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
DOE experience is preferred.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
MS or PhD preferred