Eaton Development Program: Strategic Operations Engineer
We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent positions hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their full potential
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skill set and experience different roles throughout their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for a variety of potential future roles
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders and expert team members is a part of the fabric of every experience
- This Development Program is designed to provide early talent with diverse experiences across various businesses and locations. To enhance your learning and fully maximize the benefits of the program, relocating to an endorsed Eaton location will be required.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary for this role is $73,000 a year. This position offers a one-time $6,000 signing bonus. This role includes eligibility to earn premium pay.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Engineering Services & Systems (EESS) Division is one of the largest and most experienced teams of power professionals in the industry. The Strategic Operations Engineer program includes opportunities to join various businesses within our division. Assignments will provide you with the opportunity to act as a resource for project managers, sales, contracts, finance, and our customers.
The Strategic Operations Engineer will provide the Mission Critical, Strategic Programs, Project Services and Strategic Account Operations teams with consistent and intimate support in managing their projects. Responsibilities and skills include project cost tracking, ongoing cost estimate validation, project schedule development/maintenance, creation of purchase requisitions, material and equipment tracking, subcontractor/vendor requests for pricing, submittal generation/oversight, document control, and warranty support. Some positions may include a design aspect.
Our roles are designed to prepare you for both technical and future leadership roles at Eaton. As a new engineer, you will be provided with a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses, and on-the-job training provided by expert mentors and team members to assist you in developing your career.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution, with graduation date no later than August 2024
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Minimum of one internship/co-op experience or an equivalent of 3 months of project management experience completed at the time of this application
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate within the United States
- Overall cumulative GPA of a 3.2 or higher
- Prior internship or co-op experience within the electrical/power industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Experience in project management, engineering, sales, or support experience in electrical assemblies, electrical distribution and power protection technology
- Strong analytical, computer, writing and presentation skills
- Up to 10% travel required
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company’s safety program
- Demonstrate geographic flexibility to relocate within the U.S. throughout the duration and completion of the Development Program including the ability to relocate to one of the following locations: Raleigh, NC; Glendale Heights, IL; Lewiston, ME
We aspire to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees. We do this by helping all our employees maximize their physical, financial and emotional wellbeing, both at work and at home. Learn more about Eaton’s Wellness Culture Here (https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/company/careers/wellbeing-at-eaton.html)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.