Subject Matter Expert I - Software Architecture and Data Analytics (28596)
Amentum is currently seeking a Subject Matter Expert to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The SME will provide on-site and off-site highly technical application and operational support and related services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on moderately complex problems that require an appropriate level of knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles, and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
- Assist other senior consultants with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation; communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software; lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Development and maintenance of software applications for the web.
- Test and promote development and quality versions to production status.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for developed applications. The manuals and documents will be of sufficient detail to enable any technically qualified staff to maintain these applications on appropriate computing platforms.
- Attend periodic status meetings with the Sandia Delegated Representative (SDR) and task leaders.
- Provide monthly progress reports.
- Analyze business processes, identifying functions to be programmed, information processing techniques to be used, and data representation.
- Prepare system test/surety plans and documentation, conduct program tests, correct program errors, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program standards, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- Revise existing programs, systems, and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, and storage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S citizen
- Must possess a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q level security clearance.
- Must have a Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of experience relative to the requirements or 13 years of related experience.
- Requires systems development coordination skills to collaborate with SNL service groups and SME, or other SNL team experts
- Requires expert knowledge and experience in:
- Oracle database development and management
- Weblogic application server
- Spring framework
- SSRS (will migrate to JasparReports)
- JS and ExtJS
- NetBeans IDE
- TOAD for Oracle
- Eclipse with TIBCO plugin
- Apache Struts 1