Project Manager (101483)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for managing (through a team as appropriate) engineering projects related to replacing or improving water related systems from inception to completion.Key Accountabilities
- Manage a broad range of water resource management projects in the greater Sacramento Area including main replacements, tank rehabilitation/replacement, and booster stations rehabilitation, wells and treatment.
- Management of project tasks include: contractual agreements, budget control, design review, permit acquisition, and construction oversight.
- Ensure compliance with established regulatory criteria, specifications and standards.
- Interact with property group, technical services, and other internal groups and external governmental agencies to coordinate land acquisition, easements, rights of ways, permits, certificates, and other project approvals for assigned projects and programs.
- Ensure Asset Owner satisfaction in accordance with the scope of work agreed upon for each project. Interact with Operations personnel to ensure project delivery program meets operation’s needs and coordinate with operations personnel on operational impacts related to project delivery program.
- Report project budget and schedule updates on a weekly basis to ensure project goals are being met.
- General knowledge of Engineering, Project Management and Construction Management practices related to planning, design, construction and operations for water resource facilities, engineering and utility economics and contract administration and construction technology.
- Good working knowledge of regulatory developments, new technology and current trends in water quality, water treatment, developer services and other related water resource management disciplines. Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of employee relations, applicable safety and environmental regulations, federal and state water quality and design regulations and technical standards.
- Proactive, Excellent Communication, Quick Learner, Team Player.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in project delivery of water resources projects.
- Licensed California PE or able to obtain within 6 months of hire (desired).
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.