Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. The position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace and Landing Vehicles hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket, OEM and military markets.
The Quality Engineer provides support and expertise in all aspects of Plant Quality Systems functions. This position’s main responsibilities include administering the Corrective Action System ensuring satisfactory resolution to all noted nonconformities, and leading Internal Audits of assigned areas.
In this function you will:
- Determine, develop, and monitor inspection and test techniques necessary to meet design requirements, including new product releases-both prototype and production.
- Determine the inspect ability of new designs.
- Review Engineering drawings to assure that they are properly dimensioned and conform to GD&T protocol.
- Determine the inspection gauging requirements, including their availability both in-house and at the suppliers.
- Assist in gage design to improve inspection effectiveness.
- Monitor production processes and methods to assure maintenance of in-process quality levels and to prevent quality problems.
- Implementation and Sustain of the Quality Best Practices and Quality Leading Indicators.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering and suppliers to improve manufacturing processes and develop methods to eliminate quality problems.
- Work with government and/or other customer representatives to interpret or reach agreement on quality procedures and acceptability of products. Assure compliance with the specified government requirements.
- Investigate and resolve product quality problems caused by processes, material or worker error.
- Review rejected hardware to determine cause and corrective action.
- Suggest process and/or design changes to improve producibility and/or yield.
- Evaluate discrepant material and determine whether it can be salvaged through approved recovery methods.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with Company policy towards record retention.
- Administer training programs on quality issues pertinent to the work performed by shop personnel
- Maintain appropriate training records.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Experience with Excel, Minitab, Gauge R&R, GD&T,
- Manage multiple projects; relationship building with supplier/internal customers
- Auto CAD or Pro-Engineering (Pro-E) Experience
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Aerospace product and manufacturing processes and inspection techniques preferably.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & test operations, gauging, SPC, and APQP preferably
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements preferably.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques - Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process, and FMEA.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time