Senior Quality Engineer (120779)
Eaton’s Power Components Division is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer to join our team! This role will be based in Horseheads, NY.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Ensure that all in-process quality-control procedures (inspections, audits, holds, rejections) are carried out and followed up with corrective action
- Supervises and trains manufacturing engineers in the use of the 8D problem solving technique
- Lead and/or assist in supplier-quality processes – audits, surveys, certifications, and communications
- Become certified as Lead Auditor and lead internal quality audits
- Coordinates customer audits, including documenting and tracking corrective actions and improvements related to findings
- Serve as alternate to the QA Manager in the Manager’s absence
- Address unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and hazards in your respective work area(s) and evaluate the ensuing correction(s).
- Supports MESH, ELSS, PROLaunch and other Eaton initiatives.
- Travels to customer sites to perform containment activities if necessary.
- Champion for EQS policies.
- Assures deployment and continuous improvement is made.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of Engineering or Quality function experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legalized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Knowledge of Quality processes (RMR, CQM, Control Plans, PFMEA, MSA, audits, inspections, calibrations, etc)
- Understanding of various applications of vacuum interrupters and how product quality impacts performance in these application environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP and Enovia
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time