Quality Engineer II (123506)
Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer II that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Orchard Park, New York facility.
Successful candidate will drive quality improvement initiatives, root cause and corrective action and to lead quality engineering support for value stream teams and product lines.
- Review customer’s RFQs, contracts, and flow-down of customer contractual quality requirements or quality system requirements to Cobham and its suppliers
- Act as the Cobham liaison during customer/government audits and inspections
- Communicate with team, suppliers, customers, and the government regarding all quality related issues
- Participate in customer return process to include failure analysis and corrective action
- Generate inspection check lists, inspection criteria and skip lot for purchased and manufactured parts
- Process Engineering Change Orders
- Responsible for the processing and dispositionof nonconforming material via the Non-Conforming Reporting system
- Create and communicate customer data packages for shipped product
- Analyze and trend quality data within value stream to drive preventive and corrective actions and continuous improvement (via CAB meetings)
- Drive continuous improvement by leading Root Cause Problem Solving Projects
- Conduct a yearly internal audit of the quality related systems and procedures in accordance with the AS9100 standard
- Maintain performance management Key Performance Indicators and board and participate in performance management meetings
- Responsible for ensuring environmental, health, and safety are included as part of everyday activities
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Bachelor’s degree, OR 10 years of experience in the Quality Assurance field
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience in manufacturing quality
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the facility listed. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Proven experience specifying test chambers, equipment and/or performing selection and oversight of suppliers providing Test capability
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Skills: organizational, communication, leadership, personal computing, performance management, continuous improvement and problem solving
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing certified
- Knowledge of material certification testing
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- APQP experience preferred
Eaton Mission Systems' Values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Eaton Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea.
Our clients and partners trust Eaton Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. OurLeadership team is open, shari
ng plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Eaton Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Eaton Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Eaton Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. As an equal opportunity employer, Eaton Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Eaton Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability.
You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER MSD Mission System Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time