Quality Engineer (127993)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls. Quality Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, implementing and coordinating scrap reduction and quality improvement projects. Will be responsible to support Supplier quality functions and assist Quality Manager in implementing Quality strategies. Will be responsible to audit and establish industry standards, compliance and customer requirements. Assists the Quality Manager to provide total quality leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and all internal stakeholders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Complete Quality Engineering assignments such as plant support, Root cause analysis and process audits with minimal supervision.
- Implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Lead improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out of control conditions and process audits.
- Experience in creating, updating and maintaining FMEA and Process Control Plans, MSAs.
- Analyze inspection, discrepant material and other data and ability to proficiently use PowerBI, Access, SQL to generate reports.
- Participates in and/or may lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customers’ requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- Lead or provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects / problem solving teams
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed.
- Assist in implementing Quality Assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics relative to the work.
- Ensures the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization, and the organizational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strongerQualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) months of experience in a manufacturing environment, including internship/co-op experience.
- Must have statistical data analysis experience in Minitab, excel or another statistical tool.
- Must have experience in using problem-solving tools.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs of weight and ability to be on their feet for couple of hours at a time.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment.
- Hose or Cable manufacturing experience.
- Previous Capital project management experience.
- Experience in IBM Quality Management database.
- Ability to read and understand Blueprints, Specifications, and regulatory Requirements
- 1-3-year experience in a manufacturing environment in operations, quality or engineering functions
- Working experience in Root Cause Analysis, 8D etc.
- Experience in performing Quality Audits (ISO9001, AS9100 etc.)
- Useable skills with MS Office software. Advanced skills in PowerBi, Excel, Word.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time