Quality Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
As one of the fastest growing businesses within Optum, with more than 11 million consumers and providers currently under our umbrella, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to improving both the health and productivity of those we serve.
One out of seven adults in the U.S. uses an Optum Financial product, not to mention we’re the largest Health Saving Accounts (HSA) provider and the 35th largest mover of money in the U.S. Our wide impact gives us a real opportunity to create financial technology that transforms healthcare for both consumers and providers alike.
So, what is it that makes us so unique? Well for starters, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to helping people with not only their healthcare, but also their financial wellbeing. Our teams are fixated on transforming the experience for consumers and changing the way that people pay for healthcare. Here, innovation isn't just about creating new gadgets, it's about making healthcare financial data available wherever and whenever people need it - safely and reliably. We help members manage their own health in a more efficient, more affordable way and give our providers the flexibility they need to support their patients. #OFinTech
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for building and guiding our functional test automation efforts. Using their past experiences of successfully automating functional tests for web applications, the QA Engineer plays a key role in increasing our speed and coverage of regression test cycles. The QA Engineer will work collaboratively with the QA Analysts and the Product team to understand the highest priority test cases, ensure they are being well-covered with our automation suite, and coordinate activities with a small off-shore team that has been helping us build our initial automation framework. The QA Engineer needs to be able to quickly and effectively learn how complex software systems work in order to meet the needs of our customers. This includes both front-end and back-end components. The QA Engineer will also have to learn how to identify and deal with complicated test data needs to successfully complete testing.
- Develop, enforce, and maintain automated testing standards and practices to assure quality in all products
- Build, manage, maintain, and execute automation scripts and frameworks
- Perform testing on various software and reporting systems
- Effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical sides of the business, articulating issues or needs in a clear and concise manner, suitable for business stakeholders or customer facing as needed
- Demonstrate strong participation in the SCRUM team, willingly taking on roles outside of QA when it benefits the team’s goals
- Show willingness and ability to serve as a resource to other team members
- Support, troubleshoot, and analyze product issues including triaging issues with data processing and web applications
- Collaborate with other departments to develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements
- Contribute to strategic project teams from kick-off through successful implementation within established timeframes
- Proficiently use SQL and other data tools to research issues and obtain information for testing
- Support production deployments as scheduled, including occasional after-hours events
- Coordinate, lead, train and/or assist other QA members as needed on testing best practices
- Assess QA and other operational processes to ensure quality along all stages of the software development life cycle
- Support the development team with CI/CD development
- Proficiently develop setup and teardown test scripts
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of SQL and relational data models
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of mobile and web application development
- Experience building, maintaining, and executing automated test suites
- Experience using QA automation software and frameworks including: Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, Postman, SOAPUI, Xamarin.UITest, Specflow or Cucumber
- Proven ability to code in C# or Java
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and DBMS tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Computer Science/IS/IT/Math degrees
- Associates or four-year degree with outstanding record of accomplishment, or comparable experience
- 5+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience, in an agile environment
- Experience as a subject matter expert on complex software products
- Proven desire to learn and enhance creativity, technical skills, and QA knowledge
- Up to date on QA best practices and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information and convey issues in a diplomatic manner
- Solid attention to detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information
- Solid organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited direction while exercising good judgment
- Creative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously under limited supervision
- Ability to work efficiently and productively towards business needs without direct guidance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.