Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Relocation assistance is available.
Drive the implementation of the Eaton Lean Six Sigma program and the Eaton Quality Management System program to improve productivity, reduce costs, improve quality, and meet mandated EBS goals. Provide a broad knowledge of professional engineering support to manufacturing operations. Provide project management responsibilities for the documentation and execution of major projects and assignments within the manufacturing and engineering functions; provide other coordination and technical guidance to production personnel as appropriate.
In this function you will:
- Develop and monitor manufacturing quality procedures, standards, training activities, and communication programs.
- Develop and coordinate problems and activities to assess and improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Plan and coordinate the use, calibration, maintenance, and application of all electrical test equipment and process control equipment within the company.
- Provide Off site and On Site Training sessions.
- Perform the necessary audits of the plants’ operations to evaluate opportunities for implementation of various ELS and EQMS improvement initiatives
- Continuously enhance personal skills and knowledge of the subject matters pertaining to the operations initiatives, through networking, education, training and participation in internal / external conferences
- Utilize Eaton Lean and quality tools to drive cost reduction and improve working capital performance.
- Analytical and Statistical Tools - The knowledge of a wide range of problem solving tools and methods, including statistics, combined with the ability to select and apply them to make data based decisions to sustain higher levels of process or product quality.
- External Requirements - The competency of knowledge, practice and application of the Product / Process and Quality System standards of the International Certification Bodies, Industry specific Regulatory Authorities and Customers contractually specified Quality Requirements.
- Inspection and Testing- The ability to use proven tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect products, measure process performance, perform product verification and validation testing, and to provide feedback reporting as required. This competency is utilized within the framework of the measurement, analysis and improvement aspects of the quality management system.
- Supports MESH, ELSS, CI, PROLaunch and other Eaton initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Computer).
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 1 or more years' experience in product design projects, manufacturing engineering experience, or manufacturing supervision.
- CQE certification
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only