Eaton's Fluid Electrical Distribution Division of the Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Jackson, MI facility.
Functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating, and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT. Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Provides technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers. Leads formal problem solving for internal and external customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Completes Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Develop pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
- Acts as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- Communicate quality issues to front line leaders and factory personnel and lead root cause and permanent corrective action documentation.
- Direct the disposition and analysis of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Ensure that actions around top pareto items are identified and completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing environment including co-op or internship experience OR five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Ability to read and understand Blueprints, specifications, and requirements.
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team and customers.
- Useable skills with MS Office software.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA).
- Quality Systems knowledge (e.g., AS9100, ISO 19001, TS16949).
- AIAG industry tools such as: APQP, pFMEA, CP, Gause R&R, PPAP, MSA, SPC
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time