Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton's Fluid Electrical Distribution Divion of the Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Jackosn, MI facility.
Functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying quality processes to support new program development activities. Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost avoidance within plant value streams or new development programs. Analyze customer, industry, and internal specifications to ensure compliance is achieved in alignment with program milestones. Provide technical support to internal and external interested parties as needed. Lead and/or support audits. Provide training and coaching to others as requested.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Execute on customer, operations, or new program deliverables in accordance with APQP best practices.
- Completes Supplier Quality and Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Coach, mentor, and train quality engineering team members as requested.
- Formulate, supplement and/or implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Subject matter knowledgeable on Eaton Quality System, AS9100, NADCAP, FAA, Core Tools and customer specific requirements.
- Monitors new program metrics and facilitates/supports efforts to drive continual improvement.
- Support on-time delivery of orders through the manufacturing process including Non-conformance resolution, process verification, and PPAP/FAIR/Source Inspection activity.
- Provide technical counsel to cross-functional teams and/or customers
- Host and/or participate in second party and third-party audits.
- Work directly with production associates on implementing new programs and building an inclusive culture based on the expectations of our employees and customers.
- Knowledge in problem solving and core tools along with their application to new program development and Eaton’s QMS.
- Benchmark other sites for best practices and process improvements opportunities.
- Ensure quality documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standards as well as Eaton Objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively work with diverse cultural backgrounds from around the globe.
- Provide input on new product design through utilizing blueprint reading and GD&T skills.
- Identifying and implementing improvements for measurement systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of quality engineering experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50-miles of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering.
- Graduate Certificate in Quality Management.
- ASME Y14.5 training or certification
- APQP Experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a quality engineering role.
- ISO 9001, AS9100 Lead Auditor Certificate.
- Strong time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and customers
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is preferred.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test, machining, assembly operations, molding, welding, heat treat, additive manufacturing, and measurement systems in an Aerospace environment.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time