Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, Rhode Island facility.
In this role, you will design, coordinate, and implement highly complex process sampling systems, procedures, statistical techniques, and quality systems. Develops process improvement and cost control programs throughout the plant. Performs review of customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure processes meet/exceed requirements. Provides technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers as needed. Perform supervisory duties and provide customer requirement training to employees as necessary
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop and implement corrective actions.
- Prepare corrective action responses necessary.
- Host Source inspectors and/or Customer Auditors as needed.
- Prepare and present material to customer representatives and/or East Avenue employees as required.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Supervise other personnel as assigned or required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are strong.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum (10) years manufacturing experience may be allowed in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree and 3 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Rumford, RI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly operations, gauging, SPC, APQP, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100).
- Experience in performing Quality Audits.
- Experience using PC configured with MS Windows OS. Familiarity with MS Office software is desired.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr.) is preferred.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $77,200 - $106,150 a year. Eligible for an annual performance-based incentive plan with a target at 3% of base salary.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time