Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Manager. Monitors and reduces process and product variation using statistical tools. This position establishes, coordinates and maintains quality assurance standards and procedures; collects, computes, analyzes and reports quality data as statistical records; conducts required quality testing and develops quality program plans in accordance with supplier, customer, and contract specifications. Quality liaison for customers as required. Supports Value Stream Manager and High-Performance Work Team as it relates to projects and Quality objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support new and existing products through the implementation of Quality systems and techniques that comply with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for overall product quality and effectively monitoring product and process quality through development, implementation and maintenance of assembly and verification instructions, process control plans, PFMEAs and final product verification requirements.
- Perform and interpret Measurement System Analysis
- Apply and explain statistical data to all levels of the organization
- Improve products/processes by Identifying and eliminating waste and variation throughout the manufacturing value stream
- Determine root cause corrective actions and work through failure analysis utilizing 8D problem solving discipline
- Identify and reduce costs of nonconformance: scrap, warranty, rework, etc.
- Support HPTW and other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution & a minimum of three (3) months of experience working in a manufacturing environment, including internship or co-op experience OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution & a minimum of four (4) years' experience working in a Quality discipline in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Grand Rapids MI facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated use of Lean Tools and Six Sigma. ASQ, CQE preferred. Experience with mathematical software. Strong computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of company products, or equivalent electromechanical systems and test rigs; production methods and techniques applied to machined components, assemblies, plating, heat treatments; and materials used in the aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of Quality Control systems and techniques, such as AS9100, including statistical quality control and inspection and investigation techniques. Ability to write clear, concise and constructive reports on findings for all levels of management. FAA/FAR knowledge a plus.
- Human relations skills necessary to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, technical, supervisory, and shop floor personnel, as well as with customers and sub-contractors.
Position Success Criteria:
- Analytical and Statistical Tools - The knowledge of a wide range of problem-solving tools & methods, including statistics, combined with the ability to select & apply them to make data-based decisions to sustain higher levels of process or product quality. Lead complex problem-solving projects and demonstrate the ability to apply all the commonly used statistical tools, such as MSA, SPC, DOEs, etc, across organizational boundaries and functions.
- Inspection and Testing - The ability to use proven tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect products, measure process performance, perform product verification and validation testing, and to provide feedback reporting as required.
- Product/Process Quality Planning – Must have the ability to strategically define the Critical to Quality elements of a product/process, and the knowledge to effectively analyze, assess and mitigate the risks associated with any potential failures.
- Quality Leadership – Must have a knowledge of quality management systems and support practices. This competency includes the ability to efficiently and effectively assess performance, set strategy aligned with the business and use metrics to drive continuous improvements.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time