Senior Quality Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Incorporate business processes, user experience and system performance in the creation of the test strategy and testing of system and solutions
- Continually seek opportunities to improve solutions, processes and performance
- Design, develop, reuse and implement automated frameworks and tests, i.e., unit, functional, regression and performance
- Deliver test automation solutions in accordance with enterprise standards and within development and operational guidelines
- Mentor and direct development team members in automation and/or quality engineering principles1-2
- Embed DevOps and CICD to ensure best practices in quality engineering
- Complete quality risk impact assessment and prioritization for feature changes, user story changes and/or defects, etc.
- Understand Testing, Stage and production environment concepts
- Establish right strategies for Test Data
- Adhere to compliance checks, e.g., Sox, HIPPA, CMMI, etc., Quality control guidelines and practices
- Perform quality audits
- Should have the ability to write, debug and test automation code to test working solution
- Adhere to quality control guidelines & practices
- Ensure that products and solutions consistently meet established quality and product integrity standards
- Participate in the Story grooming / Design reviews; understand the interfaces; use the knowledge to Develop test cases
- Develop Test Artifacts which are first time right with minimal support and guidance
- Identify automation testing opportunities; Build Test solution or engage automation team feasibility analyses
- Leverage Automation Framework to develop Test automation scripts at sprint level
- Ensure all the Tools/capabilities standards are well adopted and Familiar with Test Automation development framework1-2
- Participate in PI planning meetings, to understand the scope and requirements
- Track, identify and promptly report issues that may affect solution quality
- Support the development team or operations by providing analysis and expertise throughout the SDLC
- Identify root causes of problems in desired product/process
- Define Automation strategy aligned to Application goals
- Should be able to prioritize Features and Use Cases as per biz priority
- Code automated test scripts
- Develop Expertise on one Test Automation Tool, demonstrate capability through material value add
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Automation Testing Tools (automation frameworks)
- Experience with designing and executing QA tests using scripts that automatically test the functionalities (Regression and Smoke Test Suites)
- Experience with building automation testing framework
- Good knowledge of SDLC, STLC and Agile processes
- Understanding of CICD components and in-sprint automation
- Understanding of severity and priority of defects, usability, test scenarios and business impacts
- Excellent Technical Programming Skills and up to date with latest Testing technologies/tools available
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.