Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Quality Engineer in Nacogdoches, TX. Relocation assistance is available!
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77,249 - $105,000 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
As a Quality Engineer, you will lead continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). You'll be responsible for providing support and Quality Leadership for supplier quality, process, and customer quality.
In this role, you will:
• Support production manufacturing with problem solving, process improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues.
• Lead cross functional teams in problem solving and issue analysis in an effort to address either Scrap, customer or production related issues.
• Work in partnership with engineering to support all development projects and milestones related to Quality and improve the overall process to achieve zero defect quality and launch readiness.
• Support ISO 9001 quality system and supports the implementation and management of the site quality system and procedures.
• Identify gaps at the plant level and execute improvement activities. Execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and Part Approval, support revisions of process control documents such as pFMEAs, Control Plans, VOPs and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
• Drive actions with statistical analysis and process capability (Cpk, Ppk) where necessary to improve performance or product quality.
• Support supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and assists with control plan creation where necessary.
• Work with Design Engineering, Marketing and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts and communicated to suppliers.
• Support customer complaints (Internal-External) related to the facility and for tracking, monitoring and initiating Corrective Actions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years of experience in manufacturing processes, working in a quality or transformer’s manufacturing role
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Proven ability to solve problems utilizing common problem-solving methodologies/tools such as PDCA, DMAIC, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, is/is not tables, pareto charts, control charts, etc.
- Experience working with transformers
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively
- Proven ability to write technical documents such as procedures and specifications
- ISO9001 or TS16949 Experience
- Good understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
- Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Proven ability to query and manipulate data using MS Excel, MS Access, Minitab, and/or other programs and transform the data into information
- Experience with SAP
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.