Senior Quality Engineer - QMS
Eaton’s ES AMER ARS PDCAD division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer - QMS. This role takes place out of our El Paso, TX plant. We are able to offer relocation assistance for candidates in the United States.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing quality systems and customer care. This role will be responsible for driving implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) in the plant, leading internal audits, monitoring the health of the system, proactively identifying improvement opportunities across all functions, and developing tools that allow for visibility into process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $80250.03 - $117700.04 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
- Drive implementation of QMS program in the plant.
- Build robust systems that drive accountability and ensure successful implementation of the quality.
- Lead quality management reviews and internal audit program.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities (potential gaps between process and system) across all business functions, developing tools that allow for visibility into process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems and provide status updates to the top management.
- Manage user manual and information on how to use the system while also providing training support.
- Monitor health of system and data quality while also participating in internal auditing to monitor progress towards goals.
- Collaborate with other sites/teams to drive towards common solutions following the Eaton Business System (EBS), ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Identify gaps in quality system.
- Where best practices exist: implement.
- Where best practices do not exist: develop, document and implement.
- Leading development of FMEAs and RFMEA’s for development teams to identify and address critical risks.
- Support development of manufacturing equipment, controls, and test plans to address risks identified in FMEA’s.
- Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
- Continuously improve/develop a proactive quality control system to effectively address and control product quality for current and future products.
- The successful candidate for this position must have a technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, service, across a wide variety of issues.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in quality related areas in electrical industry and/or automotive manufacturing.
- Knowledge of quality system industry standards including ISO 9001, VDA, IATF, AIAG, problem solving expert (KAIZEN-DMAIC-5WHYS-ISHIKAWA).
- Experience in implementation in Layered Process Audit and handling customer complaints.
- Knowledge of 5S, lean manufacturing. As well as Six Sigma principles and certification APQP, pFMEAs, Control Plans, VOPs
- Ability to speak professionally in both English and Spanish.
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with electro-mechanical assemblies and high-volume manufacturing.
- TS16949 Experience
- Ability to solve problems utilizing common problem-solving methodologies/tools such as PDCA, QRQC DMAIC, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, is/is not tables, pareto charts, control charts, etc.
- Experience working with transformers.
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively. As well as the ability to write technical documents such as procedures and specifications.
- Proven ability to query and manipulate data using MS Excel, MS Access, Minitab, and/or other programs and transform the data into information.
- Strong understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.