Spectrum RF Engineer (22590)
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience including +40 years at NSWC Dahlgren? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
Amentum is recruiting an RF Engineer to provide support in the operation and spectrum compatibility evaluation of afloat Navy communications, combat systems, and electronic warfare systems.
• Four (4) year degree from an accredited College or University in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
• Six (6) years’ experience in the areas of Navy/Joint Operational spectrum dependent systems, National Administrative Spectrum Management
• Four (4) years’ demonstrated experience in the operation and spectrum compatibility evaluation of afloat Navy communications, combat systems, electronic warfare systems, and navigation aids through preparation of technical documents, which include test plans/reports, analytical evaluation of systems’ RF compatibility, and development of actionable EMC techniques
• Two (2) years’ experience in conducting spectrum EMI/EMC testing and evaluations, performing engineering analyses to predict and define spectrum EMI problems,
defining/designing corrective measures, and knowledge of operational implementation of systems in the U.S. Navy
• Two (2) years’ experience writing and updating fleet spectrum coordination documentation for programmatic requirements and operational publications
• Two (2) years’ experience in developing and executing systems level tests for commercial 4G/5G Long Term Evolution (LTE) systems
- RF communications, digital signal processing (DSP) concepts, DSP, 4G/5G modulation and waveform experience
- Communication signal link budget analysis experience
- Expereince with Modeling and Simulation techniques and tool sets
- RF test equipment (digital spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal analyzer, field strength meter)
- Agile development methodology
- Azure DevOps Tool