Safety Analysis Engineer Level III-VI - Department of Energy (DOE) - CNS/Pantex
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Safety Analysis Engineer (Nuclear) Level III-VI – Pantex- Amarillo, TX
Work must be performed on the Pantex site. No telework. The Pantex 9/80 work schedule will be followed.
- The subcontractor shall provide nuclear facility safety technical support services in accordance with 10 CFR 830 Subpart B and applicable standards such as DOE-STD-3009-94 and DOE-STD-1189-2008.
- The Subcontractor shall have demonstrated experience in the hazard identification, hazard screening, and hazard evaluation process; the accident and consequence analysis process; the selection of engineered and/or administrative controls credited for the prevention or mitigation of postulated accidents; and the documentation of the results of these processes in safety analysis reports, documented safety analyses, and technical safety requirements.
- This support is required to cover the existing manpower shortage in the Safety Analysis Engineering Department.
- Establishes quality standards for products and processes and suggests modifications meant to prevent defects in components or final products.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including product design, product management, and production, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
- Audits production processes, raw materials, or suppliers/vendors to ensure that established quality standards are met. Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or other quality failures.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- May act as a lead.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a technical discipline combined with a minimum of 10-15 years documented safety analysis experience.
- Q clearance required.
- Previous Pantex experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: DOE Q
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00557