Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are seeking a CAD Drafter to work with our team of engineers in the Washington area.
While telework is a possibility, preference is for candidates in Oregon, Washington, Montana and Idaho.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment providing drafting support for multiple project teams to complete engineering packages.
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
CAD Drafter Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible of data management to include developing procedures and guidelines for project data files, documentation and procedures for back up of engineering documentation.
- Creation and maintenance of Plot Styles and layer controls
- Attends project meetings to ensure CAD work is on schedule.
- Candidate should be competent at applying practices to solve various engineering problems with practical solutions within timely manner and budget limitations.
- Prepare drawings from scratch utilizing reference drawings, images, PDF’s and hand sketches.
- Full understanding on preparing drawings to scale and dimensioning correctly, using different layouts and paper settings.
- Able to create structure drawings, hardware drawings, maps utilizing coordinates, basic understanding of permit drawings and others.
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant to our Quality Control Procedures
- Ability to identify the needs of the engineering clients to gain basic understanding of upcoming drawing needs.
CAD Drafter Qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Associate’s degree in engineering technology or similar.
- 2+ years in Civil, Structural or Transmission Drafting
- Proficient in Microstation and some Autocad
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management
- Willingness to put in extra effort
- Quality control and quality assurance
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00