Lead CAD Drafter
Leidos is seeking a Lead CAD Drafter who will work a hybrid schedule out of our Framingham office as a member of a dynamic team within our Power Delivery Solutions organization: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
Technical & non-technical training opportunities
In this role, you can expect to gain:
Electrical Power Calculations
Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
Time management and organizational skills
The Lead CAD Drafter will work with a seasoned team in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for a utility client.
In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete Drafting and Detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of client projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team providing QA/QC of 2D and/or 3D drawings (Plan and Profile Civil) in support of our distribution designers
- Create plan and profile drawings to support both overhead and underground projects
- Help develop and maintain any standards and processes to support the Distribution team.
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
- Associates degree with 5 years of relevant drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation for an Electric Utility. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Leadership experience
- QAQC experience
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- AutoCAD Certification
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Previous experience with Civil Design drawings
- Experience with Traffic Management Plans and permit drawings
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced engineering/production environment.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $84,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.