Systems Architecture Principal Engineer ( 593776-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Integration Lead role is responsible for the design, development and implementation strategies of the systems-to-system architectures, interfaces, data flows, APIs, and integration middleware.You will oversee, develop, drive project charters, and governance strategies to manage the life cycles of projects and programs. You will need to have proven strategic planning and leadership skills in defining roadmaps, advanced phase planning, content preparation/delivery for executive readouts, and the ability to delegate to stakeholders ensuring accountability to meet timelines. You will be definingthe systems integration needed to deliver the forthcoming reengineering and platform changes, including defining the interfaces needed and the evolution steps needed to ensure continuity of the systems, data and business during the process. And you will define the integration and dataflow architectures, and designing the APIs that can be a point of stability to develop against in the short/long term
This is a strategic position responsible for creating a long term sustainable systems architecture vision to ensure every project in the pipeline conforms to the methodology of the reverse streamlined systems view while having synergies to other impacted projects. Strong collaboration skills are required to develop key relationships with all levels of impacted teams to foster change management solutions and drive adoption. So, you will need to ensure teams have work instructions clearly communicated in advance of phase start dates while ensuringtransparent communications with executives and stakeholders by establishing cadences for progress updates.
- Develop architecture & process flows to define enterprise ERP and legacy systems internal and external to the supply chain; utilize architectures to drive enhancements strategies
- Guide internal/external stakeholder Operations and IT, Verizon / 3PL teams to validate requirements to enable a holistic end to end solution throughout the global supply chain systems and process architecture
- Validate E2E business processes, org. & architecture designs, SC Tools and supply chain functional areas and upstream/downstream processes & apps to developand flex design strategies
- Develop/lead governance strategies for all program phases (requirements, test, defect, hypercare, steady state); hold all stakeholder teams accountable for deliverables
- Lead/drive testing for fixes and solutions, stabilize the production environments post go live
- Provide domain expertise in process and technical support for GSC systems (legacy/SAP)
- Work with BSAI production teams to ensure solutions delivered have steady state planning in advance
- Foster collaboration between Supply Chain leads, internal/external partners , stakeholders, Verizon IT and 3PL vendors
- Ensure disaster recovery, business continuity, audit, SOX, cyber and corporate security requirements for Verizon and our 3PL partners are factored into designs.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have…
Even better if you have…
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).