Systems Architecture Engineer ( R-00086149 )
The Leidos DISA GSM-O program is seeking a candidate to provide Mission Segment Architecture Analysis Support services to the DISA Europe Field Office in in Stuttgart, Germany. This team provides analytical support services to DISAEUR in order to document the physical infrastructure, systems, services, operations, equipment and tools, as well as the processes and logical information flows used by DISA and the Combatant Commands to conduct its assigned missions. These include data center operations, logical and physical infrastructure for US and Coalition networks.
This candidate will utilize the DODAF/TOGAF methodology to support the development of the European Theater Enterprise Architecture and work with stakeholders and leadership to build a holistic view of the DISA Europe Strategy in support of the CoCOM’s strategy, processes, and information technology systems. This architecture and documentation effort will ensure information technology systems and resources provide the required support to command objectives, missions and operations. Additionally, the candidate will provide support to strategy development and policy formulation resulting from mission segment capabilities analyses of USEUCOM’s critical missions. Identify, populate and utilize metadata to support analytics to determine critical mission dependencies, identify capability gaps, resulting in the documentation and depiction of the Theater mission critical C4I infrastructure.
- Provide intermediate-level analytical and technical advice and document artifacts and processes.
- Provide intermediate-level subject matter expertise as required at local USEUCOM meetings that address mission level architecture topics.
- Assess component architecture(s) as needed to support USEUCOM priority missions.
- Develop and Document models of Key Terrain Cyber for the mission areas of interest for the Area of Operations and being able to document how the theater missions are executed (e.g. phasing, key decisions, stakeholders, key information flows, etc.)
- Develop models detailing stages of mission execution (e.g. phases of the operation, what are the critical aspects of the mission, data flows, decisions, stakeholder etc.).
- Identify critical USEUCOM and supporting operational business processes which play a critical role in Cyber Situational Awareness.
- Provide intermediate-level support to strategy development and policy formulation resulting from mission segment capabilities analyses of USEUCOM’s critical missions.
- Identify, populate and utilize metadata to support analytics to determine critical mission dependencies, identify capability gaps, resulting in the documentation and depiction of the Theater mission critical C4I infrastructure.
- Be a self-starter and work in a team environment.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Be a critical thinker – ability to visualize and articulate end-to-end systems solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have an Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- Familiarity with IT networks to include circuits, trucks, nodes, servers, and satellite communications (SATCOM).
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) version 1.5 or 2.0
- Joint Staff, Combatant Command, or Combat Support Agency (DIA, MDA, NGA,…) staff experience.
- Experience providing support to mission areas like IAMD, NC3, C2, AISR, Logistics and/or Coalition networks, their tools, operations and mission sets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, and Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience preparing and presenting executive level briefings.
- Experience accessing and evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations to management about incorporating systems into the enterprise architecture.
- European Theater experience.
- Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Experience in a complex interdisciplinary environment supporting COCOM
- Operations to include design, development, production and operation of
- Knowledge of network design best practices and network architecture
- Familiarity with repository based DODAF architecture tools, i.e. Casewise
- (CMD2), Unicom System Architect, NoMagic MagicDraw.
OCONUS Work Perks include:
- Paid relocation to/from OCONUS location
- Overseas living allowance(s) and other OCONUS pay
- Foreign Earned Income Tax Exemption
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance; paid time off; 401k with company match; etc.
- Thriving Expat Community
External Referral EligiblePay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.