IT Chief Systems Engineer and Engineering Lead ( R-00086044 )
The Federal Health Operation has an opening for an IT Chief Systems Engineer and Engineering Lead for a DoD customer, located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Position is with a DoD Acquisition Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated medical research and acquisition. Candidates will work for the Leidos Project Manager but is expected to work independently with government and major customers to accomplish assignments without much direction.
- Leads Strategic Planning process for the eIT PMO.
- Manages a team and provide guidance on Systems Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Investigates and gains knowledge on new methods and technologies.
- Manages the eIT PMO strategic plan and associated artifacts.
- Evaluates alternatives to provide recommendations and guidance on technology direction and implementation.
- Develops an understanding of MRDC’s current IT posture (capabilities and needs) at the Command level, to provide support for Enterprise IT initiatives.
- Develops and presents Command Level briefings, both to internal and external audiences.
- Represents the eIT PMO, its products, services and capabilities, at Command level meetings.
- Liaise with customer organizations to understand their mission, business processes, and capability needs, in order to guide requirements identification and definition.
- Analyzes specific product alternatives to recommend the best choice to fulfill the identified need.
- Applies knowledge of IT systems, hardware, software, networks, and vendor services to support all eIT PMO activities.
- Develops an understanding of the DoD acquisition process to efficiently support all eIT PMO activities.
- Liaise with vendors, industry peers, and other IT professionals for problem resolution.
- Oversees the implementation and proper execution of eIT PMO Systems Engineering Management Processes and Procedures.
- Designs and oversees the IT Service Management approach and execution within the project.
- Develops and updates the eIT PMO 5-year Strategic Plan.
- Performs, at a minimum, a yearly assessment of all eIT PMO architecture and strategic planning products.
- Leads daily stand-ups with team members and resolve impediments.
- Maintains the Systems Engineering Management process and all associated Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Templates.
- Establishes and maintains the eIT PMO Strategic Planning.
- Reviews and approves other Management plans, processes, procedures, and templates as appropriate.
- Establishes IT Service Management as a structured component of the enterprise architecture.
- Authors briefings, tasker responses, decision papers, position papers, flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
- Authors architectural products and artifacts as required by higher level command.
- Reviews and approves technical document artifacts as required.
- Participates in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Executes the Product Lead role for the occasional high profile initiative.
- Supports testing of eIT PMO products.
- Manages the capture and documentation of customer business process analysis.
- Works with the Command Level Enterprise Architect and related activities.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must have a college degree from an accredited university.
- Experience to manage, lead, and mentor a team in a collaborative environment.
- Take initiative, work independently, and perform tasks with minimal direction.
- Systems Engineering experience in an acquisition/capture capacity.
- Experience with a MBSE tool (Sparx, Rhapsody, Cameo, etc.) to generate DoDAF artifacts.
- Ability to learn quickly and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to work effectively, both with others and on your own.
- Must have excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Overall DoD acquisition experience
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines
- DHA and Army processes and guidelines
- MBSE Tools (Sparx, Rhapsody, Cameo, etc)
- Knowledge of BPMN, SysML, and/or UAF/UPDM
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.