Principle Engineer - Systems Engineering ( 600827-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of the service we provide. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using network data to analyze network performance. You will be recommending solutions to improve service qualification and network performance.
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze the KPI data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implement various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Performing analyses to find actionable insights.
- Project manage network planning and performance.
- Conducting and guiding others through system usage assessment.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
With an eye towards improving performance and predictability, you like the science of analytics. Developing resolutions to complex problems, using your sharp judgment to develop methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria enables you to deliver solutions that make a big impact. You’re able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, and you take pride in your ability to share your considerable knowledge with your peers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in handling national system platforms.
- Experience in wireless domain and network.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in engineering.
- Knowledge of Wireless Network.
- Experience with management of large platform.
- Knowledge of Offshore & Onsite working models.
- Experience in SAFe - Agile Process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.