Senior Power Systems Automation Engineer
Eaton’s ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div division is currently seeking a Senior Power Systems Automation Engineer. Travel in the region will include the state of Texas, as well as some parts of Louisiana and some parts of New Mexico. A company vehicle will be provided. .
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
PRIMARY FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Automation (PSA) group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DIMENSIONS
• Provide on-site implementation of Power Management and mission critical monitoring and control systems including Power Xpert, Foreseer, PowerNet, and next generation Power Monitoring platforms.
• Provide applied engineering and consultation to customers in the areas of system integration, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management, control, and mission critical systems
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Power Management, Power Control, Mission Critical, or Building Management systems.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work locations listed. No relocation will be offered for this role
• Master's degree in technical discipline (Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Power Management, Power Control, Mission Critical, or Building Management systems.
• Electrical Contractor’s license
• Professional Engineering license
• General Contractor’s license
• Successfully complete and maintain compliance with company safety programs and policies
• Posses and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license
• Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
• Programming of PLC control systems (Power Control, Generator Control, and SCADA)
• Commissioning experience
• Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
• Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, SNMP, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP.
• Strong computer skills required with Windows Operating Systems and Databases.
• Intermediate Networking skills including the ability to troubleshoot network hardware and interfaces, including Ethernet and Fiber
• Knowledge of power quality meters, trip units, protective relays and UPS
• Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
• Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
• Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
• Ability to interface with internal and external customers, salespeople, and other team members on a technical level.
• Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.