Principal Engineer Systems Architecture ( 569712-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role would taking high level architecture designs and turning them into detailed architectures to support across multiple business portfolio groups.
- Work across multiple large groups with very complex systems.
- Incorporate customer facing systems, foundations, and AI/ML systems.
- Manage through influence across a large part of the organization.
- Develop and maintain the architectural roadmap for NBI’s cross-functional capabilities.
- Lead the design of systems to ensure the technology roadmap is aligned with the business goals while minimizing technical debt.
- Provide technical leadership for complex projects and initiatives including activities that require collaboration with other (internal and external) technical groups.
- Work with peers across the organization to explore best practices, avoid unnecessary duplication of effort and optimize code re-use.
- Coordinate architectures across systems with peers to maximize reuse, interoperability, and knowledge sharing.
- Analyze industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure the technology roadmap and system architectures are a competitive advantage.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Sixor moreyears of experience designing architectures.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and on-prem service offering and deployments.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Significant experience with AI, ML, and CV technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Significant experience designing, building and managing Internet-scale APIs.
- Experience with edge computing paradigms.
- Four or more years of leadership experience.
- Management experience within an agile environment essential.
- Software polyglot experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.