Technical Solutions Architecture Consultant ( 570127-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As Technical Solution Architecture Consultant/SME, you will support all strategy driven by the head of the new sensor business in Verizon’s New Business Incubation unit. You will report directly to the VP of the business unit.You will be supporting the new business, product, and technical capability inside NBI, which will leverage Verizon’s 5G network and Intelligent Edge Network (Mobile Edge Compute) to power orchestration for the autonomous future indoors and outdoors including support for robotic sensor arrays, fixed and mobile IoT both indoors and outdoors.In this role you will be doing solution demonstrations (in person, web, trade show, etc.), proof-of-concept development and demonstration, opportunity and account planning and management. This position plays a vital role in assisting with establishing, qualifying and supporting all sales opportunities for the new business unit and also creating new solutions leveraging Verizon’s 5G network and MEC architecture. You will:
- Helping to Build and scale NBI’s Sensor Fusion team to deliver transformational revenue growth and product leadership.
- Establishing and executing the strategy for NBI’s sensor fusion capabilities and business opportunities across the diverse technology businesses already in place and the new ones to come.
- Aligning the diverse sensor ingestion and processing approaches within NBI to execute a unified sensor fusion strategy designed to enable the business strategy.
- Facilitating communication across the department by leading all-hands and sub-department leadership meetings.
- Providing technical sales support for the sales team.
- Developing prospect specific proof-of-concept demonstrations.
- Participating in the opportunity discovery process to identify and document business and technical requirements during the prospect qualification phase of the product suite sales cycle.
- Providing Professional Services with detail supportive of the project’s deliverables and requirements.
- Assisting in the post-sale transition from sales to the professional services team.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Cloud environment like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience with Video Management Software, Video Analytics and Sensors.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience identifying, documenting and articulating the business and technical requirements of a prospective customer during the full sales cycle – qualification, proposal, and post-sale transition.
- Experience communicating software ability to address prospect’s requirements through compelling presentation (written, oral and product demonstrations) of the applications.
- Experience describing technical architecture and its ability to interoperate with prospective customer IT infrastructures.
- Public Safety and Smart Spaces Exposure and experience.
- Experience in customer facing and good presentation skills.
- Good writing and quantitative skills, specifically related to proposals, RFI/RFP response and MS PowerPoint presentations.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, persistence, discipline and a strong desire to succeed.
- Experience with Databases.
- Experience in Application integration.
- Experience in Networking.
- Experience public speaking.
- Knowledge of underlying sensor components such as data ingestion, camera technology, AI, ML, DL, and big data.
- Experience socializing technology innovation with leaders at large tech companies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.