Electrical Engineering Technician ( R-00080979 )
Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an experienced Electronic Technician to join our project team in San Diego, CA. Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This junior-level position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. You will be joining a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific located in San Diego, California.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Assemble and rework printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components under a microscope.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including support at-sea.
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical data
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Set-up and conduct tests and records data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Expertise in soldering (assembly and rework) with SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components on printed circuit boards utilizing a microscope (as required).
- Includes all types of fine-pitch integrated circuits and passive components to 0402 size.
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Expertise with the use and operation of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Expertise in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Expertise in fiber optics troubleshooting, and repair.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Experience building hardware for arrays and acoustic arrays
- Soldering Certification
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements
- Current Secret clearance