Engineering Test Technician II (120075)
- Perform test duties in accordance with engineering and production test procedures
- Operate general and special test equipment (i.e., volt meter, power supply)
- Build/assemble test setup
- Maintain test environment and equipment
- Interpret test standards/procedures and perform testing to ensure product compliance
- Prepare test reports and verify test data
- Conduct qualification and engineering development testing, which involve mechanical, electrical, and environmental simulations
- Coordinate resources, personnel, and outside resources to complete testing
- Develop, build, and maintain test equipment to meet test requirements
- Enforce lab safety rules
- Prepare and verify test data/reports
- Maintain test environment and equipment
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering/lab environment
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of Camarillo will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company Sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Hands-on skills in electro/mechanical
- Experience with testing per industry test standards (i.e., MIL-STD, EIA)
- Understanding of basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of electrical theory (Ohm’s law)
- Hands on experience with general electrical test equipment
- Must not be color blind – this position required reading technical drawings and diagrams that are color coded.
- Must not be hearing impaired – hearing is essential to detecting audible test cues from equipment
- Physical fitness - must be able lift 50 lbs (minimum) and climb on height of 3 feet (minimum)
- Team oriented - good attitude, able to clearly communicate technical matters with team members
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER ITD
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No