Engineering Technician II ( R-00085918 )
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician II. The successful candidate will be a Member of the Towed System Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TS IMA) team in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This site provides direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support.
Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA technician. For advancement consideration within the IMA program the selected candidate must qualify Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements. Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government and civilian support contractors. Other responsibilities of the program include shipping/receiving/warehousing, government property administration, and asset tracking. Selected applicant will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed System IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. For advancement consideration within the IMA program (when positions become available), the selected candidate must be a qualified Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements. Candidate must be capable of performing assigned work with minimum supervision.
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate and 1 year work related experience in electrical/electronic systems.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level.
- Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to employment.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Active DOD secret clearance.
- Experience in operating and troubleshooting any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ- 5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, AN/BQQ-10 (ARCI), OK-276, OA-9070/9070A/9070B/9070E, OK-410 or OK-542/A.
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course is desirable.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or later and Microsoft Office 2013 or later.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.