Engineering Test Technician - 2nd Shift (123595)
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Test Engineering Technician to join our team on 2nd Shift! The hourly rate starts at $23.55/hr + $1.25/hr shift premium, depending on experience. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility and the core hours are 3 pm – 11 pm, M-F.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium - $1.25/hr
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
The Test Engineering Tech is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to support business and financial goals by developing and maintaining manufacturing automation and test systems. Additional responsibilities include understanding various work processes and assisting the Test Engineers with projects within the department.
- Lead troubleshooting activities on malfunctioning production machinery, equipment, and software. Must be capable of effectively solving problems in the manufacturing environment while abiding by all applicable safety regulations and policies.
- Analyze legacy applications and make recommendations for how to upgrade or replace the hardware and/or software in order to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Support upgrades to legacy software in order to support new hardware, changes in third-party software or Eaton mandated software changes.
- Coordinate with local engineering resources and outside vendors to develop functional specifications for new manufacturing machinery and software purchases.
- Support the commissioning of new manufacturing machinery and software including installation, debugging, validation testing and communication of changes
- Support cross-functional root cause and failure analysis teams. Applying critical thinking, problem-solving and teamwork skills to resolve issues and prevent them from reoccurring
- Play an active role in assessment processes within the manufacturing environment.
- Develop and review test equipment specifications and compliance. Testing types include but not limited to AC/DC dielectrics withstand test, TCC timing test, partial discharge test, and system/sub-system level functional test.
- Develop, implement, and document production test processes and methods.
- Lead electrical safety process improvement activities and equipment risk reduction projects
- Support production operations through the creation of standard work and Continuous Improvement activities.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience interpreting engineering prints
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or certificate in relevant machining
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with electronic testing equipment/processes
- 2+ year of programming / electrical testing experience
- Formal technical training or degree in manufacturing trades
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow / Green Belt
Position Success Criteria:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience with National Instruments LabView and PC based I/O systems
- Ability to troubleshoot programs and system issues
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with other functional areas
- Proficiency in various programming languages – VB6, VB.Net, C#, SQL, Ladder Logic
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to assist in process creation, and standardization
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No