Engineering Technician III ( R-00087119 )
The Defense & Intelligence Group with Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician III supporting our NATSC contract in Newport Rhode Island.
The successful candidates will be operating the Heading Coil Facilities at the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport and Naval Station Newport (NAVSTA). The candidate will operate both coils to perform heading sensor and module-level calibrations, operate the Towed Array Test Set (TATS), and build up heading sensor assemblies following detailed procedures. Performs standardized or prescribed assignments, involving a sequence of related operations. Follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments; technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may also be reviewed in process. Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts. Conducts a variety of tests using established methods. Prepares test specimens, adjusts and operates equipment, and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors. Extracts engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources; processes the data following well-defined methods including elementary algebra and geometry; presents the data in prescribed form.
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate and 1 year work related experience in electrical/electronic systems or a bachelor degree in an engineering field.
Experience performing tasks using formal work procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret level clearance. Must have a minimum of a DOD Interim secret level clearance to start in this position.
- Familiar with standard computer operation and Microsoft Office products.
- Documented completion of soldering and/or fiber-optic certification/training.
Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment.
- Active DOD secret clearance or Interim Secret clearance.
External referral eligiblePay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.