Electrical Engineering Technician ( R-00049193 )
Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an Electronic Technician to join our project team in San Diego, CA. Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position requires the candidate to hold an active Secret Clearance. You will be joining a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific located in San Diego, California.
- Assemble and rework printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components under a microscope.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including support at-sea.
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical data
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Set-up and conduct tests and records data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Provide training to more junior technicians.
- Expertise in soldering (assembly and rework) with SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components on printed circuit boards utilizing a microscope (as required).
- Includes all types of fine-pitch integrated circuits and passive components to 0402 size.
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Expertise with the use and operation of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Expertise in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Expertise in fiber optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- ISO manufacturing experience.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required; candidates without clearance will not be considered.
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Experience building hardware for arrays and acoustic arrays
- Soldering Certification
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirementsExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Engineering TechnologistPay Range: