Engineering Technician (CMM) (31107)
Amentum is immediately hiring an Engineering Technician (CMM) at it's Watervliet, NY Arsenal Site location.
- Skill in programming Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) for manufactured components.
- Originates and maintains CMM Programs using PC-DMIS software Ver. 4.2 or above to create CMM programs offline or online, on complex machined parts from various materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, alloy steels, rubber, plastic, etc.
- Integrates and balances several projects which operate simultaneously and involve complete CMM programing for any type of industrial inspection process.
- Applying knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) principles to read and interpret blueprints, CAD wire frame, and solid models to review. Configuration management of component drawings to validate inspection ability, create setups, and fixture designs.
- Calibrate probes as needed.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year of specialized experience reflecting the ability to do the work of Engineering Technician CMM programmer without more than normal supervision.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) (PC-DMIS).
- 300 hours CMM programing.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Knowledge of technical inspections.
- Familiarity of designs/drawings instructions.
- Engineering techniques and methods.
- Strong table inspection skills.
- Skilled using shop math, trigonometry, geometry, algebra to determine angles, coordinates of critical dimensions, curves clearances, and dimensional fits.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Setting and keeping priorities.