Engineering Technician II (33710)
Amentum is seeking an Engineering Technician to support our Norfolk, VA team. Position can be staffed from any of the following locations: Groton, CT; Washington, DC and Norfolk, VA.
Candidate will be a self motivated individual with testing experience to support engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Perform/assist with the development of test and evaluation forms.
- Review test forms for accuracy.
- Track test form reviews for completion.
- Understand submarine system interaction and understand system manuals & drawings.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be quick learner and willing to advance their skills.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least three years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel. Must be a US citizen and possess and maintain a Security Clearance.
Virginia class new construction experience and knowledge of Microsoft Project are preferred.