ARCI Engineering Technician (35649)
Amentum is seeking talented and driven ARCI Engineering Technicians with multi-platform Submarine ARCI experience to support our SPAWAR contract location in Groton, CT.
What you'll do:
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
- Assist in training others in the operation and performance of systems.
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, trouble-shooting procedures, drawing updates, operating procedures, maintainability improvements, and test reports.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Perform test and evaluation, check-out, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems.
- Plan and coordinate work of other engineering technicians and related positions.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
- US citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school or Navy “C” School and 5+ years of job-related experience
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Position requires the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position requires the ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Knowledgeable across multiple submarine platforms and SWFTS systems.