Specialist, VMWare (91064)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Individuals are responsible for day to day operational support, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and expansion, on-call rotation. In addition they will provide support to provisioning/operational staff, as well as work closely with the architecture group in design support and validation of new designs and installations.
- Oversee operations and Upgrades of Converged Infrastructure (CI) (UCS Servers and VMWare Hypervisor as well as some bare-metal);
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to design and configuration of CI;
- Provide support assistance to operational groups utilizing CI;
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to capacity planning;
- Provide direction and support to ensure CI remains flexible and capable of fulfilling future directions;
- Provide direction and advice pertaining to future CI installations and design;
- Provide direction to automate and orchestrate future use of CI.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
10 to 15 years Infrastructure experience;
5 to 10 years Converged Infrastructure experience with specialization in two of the three base technologies (Compute, Virtualization or Networking);
Knowledge in the following:
Virtualization Technologies using VMware;
Vcenter 6 and above, VRealize Operations Manager;
Cisco Unified Computing System;
AWS, Azure and Google Cloud;
Network Technologies using Cisco;
TCP/IP, DNS, Routing Protocols, Switching;
- Strong Communications Skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals;
- Ability to work as part of a strong technical delivery team to delivery computing needs.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.