Associate Specialist, Quality Assurance, Cell Therapy
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or engineering discipline is preferred. Minimum of Associates degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant cGMP experience. Experience in FDA/EMA regulations in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy manufacturing, or quality control is preferred.
- Experience with use of complex research techniques and methodologies like six sigma and Kaizen to improve process/product quality is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with material introduction and disposition and master data approvals in Oracle is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA, EU, ICH guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy manufacturing/quality control.
- Strong computer skills with Word and Excel and other electronic manufacturing systems.
- Detail oriented team player with effective planning, organization and execution skills.
- Must exercise accurate judgment and be able to evaluate information critically and decide upon appropriate course of action.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and review of new site material introductions to ensure compliance with approved procedures and communicate and resolve discrepancies with supply chain, warehouse, and quality control departments.
- Support the review and approval of raw material disposition process by ensuring that all required documents are accurately and properly completed against approved procedures and specifications, including all related deviations.
- Oversight and review of Oracle site master data approvals including introductions of items, recipes, specifications, and ancillary supply chain revisions.
- Conduct Quality on the Floor activities including quality walk-throughs of the testing and warehouse locations.
- Provide Quality support to Quality Control personnel on the floor; provide guidance during GMP events and initiation of deviation investigations.
- Review and approve deviations to ensure adequate resolution and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- May own department events and minor deviation investigations.
- Lead small scope projects as assigned.
- Own and Revise Standard operating Procedures as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands and fingers, with various manipulations; reach with hands and arms; and effectively communicate with others in the workplace, including the ability to make and promptly respond to audible cues and warnings.
- May work in areas with exposure to vapor phase liquid nitrogen and other chemicals.
- Must be able to gowning per requirements to enter laboratory space.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include, but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hairnets, gloves, and hearing protection.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.