Import Export Specialist (R1554945-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Import Export SpecialistLocation: Humacao Puerto Rico
State the most important activities and accountabilities of this position. Describe how these activities and accountabilities can influence the achievement of company or business goals. (Attach additional sheets if needed)
1. Ensures accuracy and compliance in the preparation and submission of all the necessary documentation for U.S. Customs related to the admission of imported material and shipments from the Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ).
2. Accountable for preparing accurate Foreign Trade Zone reports (ie., Annual report, Reconciliation report, etc.) as per Custom and Trade Corporate required due dates, reviews and assures activities are performed in accordance with Foreign Trade Zone manual and procedures.
3. Maintains the Site Import Log up to date, perform audits of entry documents against Checklist and performs declared value confirmation based on preset time schedules and review work documents for accuracy, assuring activities are performed in accordance with import/export procedures and requirements.
4. Responsible for all imports documentation flow, accuracy and compliance (related to Foreign Trade Zone, Customs Official Agents, FDA, USDA, etc.) between the suppliers and Custom Broker.
5. Coordinates all inbound shipments from foreign count ries with US Customs Broker, freight forwarder agent and end users.
6. Assists the department manager in managing all aspects of regulatory, federal agencies and corporate inspections. Performs and actively executes Warehouse readiness exercises before and during regulatory, federal agencies and corporate inspections/audits.
7. Responsible to provide guidance as Subject Matter Expert to other site functions regarding Import, Export and Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) requirements.
8. Audits the receiving, sampling, dispatching and shipping documentation following GMP guidelines.
9. Accountable for Warehouse Import and Export daily activities ensuring regulatory and Foreign Trade Zone compliance requirements are completed.
10. Develops and provides trainings for the Warehouse employees regarding regulatory aspects, SOP revisions and Federal Regulations.
11. Ensures departmental metrics of sampling, receiving and shipping operations are prepared and delivered based on departmental preset time schedule.
12. Prepares all documentation related to inventory adjustments ensuring full compliance with site policies and procedures.
13. Prepares all purchase requisitions for Warehouse materials and services.
14. Performs other area related duties and special projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Material Management .
- Three (3) years of combined experience in Inventory Control, Materials Management o Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment, US Customs Regulations, FDA, DEA and USDA regulations.
- Knowledge of US/Foreign import/export procedures (i.e Customs, FDA, FTZ) .
- Strong computer knowledge including hands-on experience with PC, SAP, Word Perfect, Power Point, Excel
- Ability to work closely and communicate with top level management to solve problems.
- Must be able to write clear and concise analytical report.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and initiative skills.
- Organized, driver, self starter and decisive.
- Writing, reading and interpretation of data skills and ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Excellent written and verbal ability in English and Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills, teamwork oriented and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work closely and communicate with Corporate levels to solve US Customs issues.
- Ability to review and analyze data to identify potential deviations or errors and propose corrective actions.
- Must have Federal Background Check clearance for Custom and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agencies .
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotative shifts, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Potentially hazardous, require travel, or require absence from home overnight:
- The incumbent must ware safety shoes, glasses, and lab coats B.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.