Specialist, Supply Chain Buyer / Planner
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Sr. Specialist, CAR-T Supply Buyer / Planner will support the Site Supply Chain organization regarding the development and execution of supply for BMS’s autologous clinical and commercial supply.
This position plays a strategic role in the CAR T Site Supply Chain processes ensuring appropriate inventory management and efficient operations for non-GMP purchasing at JuMP. The Associate Specialist serves as a connection to the external corporate Supply Chain functions in procurement, supplier management, and planning. As a member of the JuMP SC, collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to meet objectives and goals.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in purchasing / planning / ERP systems and analytics tools
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental concepts of materials requirements, planning and procurement including: inventory management, cycle counts, expediting and order placement
- Ability to effectively communicate problem statements and viable solution options using pro vs. con and cost vs. benefit approaches
- Ability to present data and analyses in an organized, clear and concise manner
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time, with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work as a team and mentor peers
- Ability to understand and solve complicated supply and demand problems
- Basic knowledge of cGMP/Pharmaceutical regulations
- APICS certification is a plus.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Planner or buyer with minimum three years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Prior experience interacting with production, marketing, demand planning, pharmaceutical quality and regulatory organizations
- Prior experience planning and/or buying in a multiple manufacturing site and/or contract manufacturing environment
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the activities of the supply chain for autologous products non GMP material, which include but not limited to, submission of orders and troubleshoot open orders.
- Develop buying strategies for non GMP raw materials used in autologous product manufacturing and ensure enough supply to support uninterrupted manufacturing.
- Use the Supply Chain Planning Systems to generate raw material purchase orders based on inventory policies and supply chain constraints.
- Maintain system planning parameters (e.g. lot size, lead-time and safety stock levels)
- Monitor product life cycles and alert appropriate team members to any actionable inventory requirements and disruption to supply.
- Conduct investigation and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality issues and report on corrective actions.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to improve systems, processes or internal/external performance.
- Generate inventory projections and other KPIs and reports for SP&OP purposes.
- Support completion of Deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls and serve as SME for Supply Chain organization for quality records.
- Champion and foster a positive and successful collaborative culture, aligned with Juno’s existing culture
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- The incumbent will be required to work in an office environment potentially requiring ergonomic considerations
- The incumbent will be required to work in a conference room environment for moderate periods of time.
- Occasional excursions to labs or production area requiring some level of gowning.
- Exposure to typical manufacturing, laboratory, mechanical and warehouse environments.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.