Work Equipment Repairman - Mason City, IA
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
This position will require extensive travel along our system in IL, IA, MO, MN, and WI.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
Mechanical repair and maintenance of roadway equipment and other duties as assigned.
- Must be qualified in repair and overhaul of gasoline and diesel engines;
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic systems (electric over hydraulic and air over hydraulic);
- Knowledge of welding, operation, and maintenance of work and roadway equipment;
- Formal Technical education for Diesel or Heavy Duty Mechanics or at least 3 years' experience in Heavy Duty or Diesel mechanics preferred;
- Extensive travel required;
- CDL license or ability to obtain;
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical/sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.