Specialist, Voice Network Services (94150)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
A leader/service owner in a team responsible for the support, implementation, monitoring, and configuration of CP’s Voice Network Services.
- Provides the oversight/ownership for Voice Network Services including: Local Access, Centrex, In/Outbound Long Distance, Voice Messaging, Trunking, PBX, Key Systems, E-911 Services, and Business Continuity Services.
- Performs consistent configuration management and version control on CP’s Canadian and US-based customer owned voice systems to effectively balance security, functionality and stability perspectives, consistent with CP’s telecommunications strategy.
- Supports the oversight of vendor provided Voice Network Services to ensure consistent configuration management and version control on voice infrastructure to effectively balance security, functionality and stability perspectives.
- Responsible for 7X24 operational support for CP’s Voice Network Services.
- Responds to Voice Network service outages with timely corrective actions as required and takes overall accountability for all complex Voice Network Service related Severity 1/major business impacting outages. Consults with Telecom Architecture, Design, and Project teams as required in order to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Guides/engages selected telecommunications vendors to ensure and/or restore Voice Network Services
- Develops and maintains a consistent process to ensure timely maintenance of CP’s Voice Network Services.
- Understands, analyzes and evaluates Voice Network service outages through troubleshooting & knowledge management. Collaborates with other internal/external service stakeholders for service related issues and provides proactive Disaster Recovery.
- Participates in On-Call support of the Voice Network Services
- Supports the business in suggesting Voice Network Service solutions to business problems.
- Works with the Telecom Architecture, Design, and Project teams to vet LAN/WAN/Internet solutions and technology depending upon the size and scale of any new requirements or modifications
- Develops operational models, processes, and documentation to oversee/manage all aspects of CP’s Voice Network Services.
- Mentors more junior Voice Network staff.
- Leads/collaborates with CP’s Voice Network vendors as required to ensure solutions are aligned with defined architecture and associated standards.
- Collaborates with Voice Network vendors as applicable for service related issues, ensuring communication and timely usage of contingency and failover options (helps develop and maintain CP’s Voice Network Services Disaster Recovery Plan)
- Helps develop proof-of-concept models to demonstrate proposed architecture/design changes.
- Leads and/or participates in new service implementations.
- Creates documentation and guides users on how the various Voice Network Services work & interact.
- In depth knowledge of the Voice Network Services (PBX, SBC, In/Outbound Toll, Trunking, dial plan configuration, voice messaging, call center, Local Access, Centrex Services, E-911 services;
- Proficiency in information management concepts, information delivery architecture with extensive knowledge of Voice Network Service;
- Cross-functional knowledge of how departments interact with one another;
- Cross functional knowledge of how Voice Network services interact/relate to LAN, WAN, and Internet services, and with CP and other vendor services;
- Technical Skills (Required for using knowledge);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred or 10+ years of applicable experience ;
- Avaya or Ribbon certification desired;
- In depth knowledge with Voice Network Services;
- Strong experience with carrier services including in/outbound toll, trunking, local access, integrating multiple services;
- Strong experience and proven ability to troubleshoot with end users & vendor on Voice Network services;
- Strong knowledge and ability to triage Voice Network services issues and be able to proactively initiate restoration solutions;
- Experience & understanding of how Voice Network services interact with LAN, WAN, and Internet services, and with CP and other vendor services;
- Social Process Skills (Requirements of effective working relationships);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with various levels of management;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management, staff, and customers;
- Strong communication;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Adapt and overcome challenges;
- Influence and persuasion.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").