BD Partner - Product Specialist ( 597597-1V )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Professional Services Sales Executive is a consulting services sales position and will be responsible for contributing to the growth of software and services revenue through the sale of advisory, implementation and technical services associated with the Verizon Connect solution. This person will drive sales to key enterprise customers and prospects. Reporting to Professional Services leadership, the Professional Services Sales Executive will work closely with the Verizon Connect team to proactively generate demand and close business for Verizon Connect’s service offerings, identify key resources needed to properly drive the business, meet Verizon Connect business parameters, and assist in managing the customer relationships.
- Assist Verizon Connect teams in the development of account strategies for qualified opportunities through effective account planning.
- Help break open net new software and professional services business via identification of buyers of Verizon Connect professional services and drive and/or support the appropriate conversations with the client to secure the business.
- Engage Verizon Connect services subject matter experts as needed to support the sales process. Facilitate and coordinate the sales execution with internal resources, as necessary.
- Assist customers and prospects in the development of business cases for launching the Verizon Connect program.
- Facilitate the scope definition for all professional services engagements and generate and deliver estimates to the customer.
- Articulate business outcome goals, solution value proposition from the perspective of all vested parties including internal stakeholders, partners, and the end-user customer.
- Work closely with the Verizon Connect software sales and professional services delivery organizations in the alignment of sales and delivery objectives.
- Develop a target and measurable services pipeline.
- Position and close service offerings based on both revenue and margin/profitability objectives.
- Develop and deliver external customer presentations as required.
- Present business and account plans and conduct pipeline reviews internally.
- Develop customer pricing proposals and write statements of work.
- Achieve fiscal year revenue, margin and operating metrics.
- Perform the requirements of the role each day with a sense of urgency and commitment to quality as evidenced by: meeting deadlines and keeping commitments, management feedback, peer feedback, customer feedback and SLA for response time / follow-up.
- Rise to the challenge to solve problems and accomplish more with less in order to scale. When making decisions, be mindful of expenses while using creativity and flexibility to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate compliance, timeliness and accuracy in support of the tools, processes and requests for information required in support of your business unit, including: time reporting, status reporting, forecasting, pipeline management, deal reviews, expense management and ad hoc management requests.
- Consistently drive high customer satisfaction and loyalty as evidenced by documented or and/or verbal Customer feedback.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience selling in a competitive enterprise software environment.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% including overnight travel, depending on opportunities.
- Experience with budget attainment/account planning.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS.
- Experience working with Telematics and/or mobile resource management software.
- Proven ability to network, build strong professional relationships with clients/prospects, understand client challenges and needs, and effectively position and close revenue offerings.
- Effective communication at the client-facing executive and/or buyer levels.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- The ability to negotiate and close sales.
- The ability to build lasting relationships build on honesty and integrity.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.