Equipment Procurement Engineer ( 599283-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Cell sites are pretty important to support our most reliable and fastest network. That’s where you come in. You’ll work with cellular engineering and operations to ensure that the equipment required for cell site projects is available when it’s needed and complete. When a project needs to be completed, you will determine equipment needs and order and integrate a wide range of equipment like antennas, power systems, and fiber optic cable. You’ll work closely with other Network teams such as RF Design, Operations, Real Estate, Construction, Facilities and System Performance to implement new technologies and services and meet project landmarks.
- Determining the equipment needs for cell sites based on engineering plans and project outlines.
- Coordinating the ordering and integration process to provide complete equipment sets for projects.
- Managing supplier relationships to meet targeted network landmarks and turn-up dates.
- Attending project update meetings to present status updates.
- Following appropriate methods and procedures for equipment tracking and inventory control.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy the challenge of orchestrating a lot of moving parts to deliver a solution for your team. Sharing information inside and outside the company and influencing people to meet your timeline comes naturally to you. You’re interested in new technologies and services in the area of cell site engineering and keep up with changing technology. Working independently is as comfortable for you as being part of a team.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of DC power systems used in the telecommunications environment.
- Knowledge of cellular network architecture.
- Knowledge of Alcatel Lucent base station equipment, CATS/FULCRUM, MapInfo and PeopleSoft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.