Specialist, Compensation (Hybrid) (95145)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Compensation Specialist role is accountable for the day-to-day administration, analysis of compensation data and interpretation of policies and practices. The individual will be responsible for end-to-end compensation practices, such as job evaluation, performing competitive market analyses and providing recommendations to various stakeholders relating to the Canadian and US non-union employee population, including incentive and equity pay programs that align with CP’s Total Compensation strategy.
Reporting to the Manager, Compensation and working with a team of professionals, the Compensation Specialist will be a key player in the support of achieving the compensation strategy.
- Subject matter technical expert leveraging HR systems to administer programs and make compensation decisions (i.e. SAP, SuccessFactors, Shareworks); collaborate and build positive relationships with various internal & external stakeholders;
- Support the Annual Compensation program through data collection, system configuration in SuccessFactors, validation and accuracy of data, coordination of internal stakeholder communication and participation in peer reviews. Annual programs include salary planning, Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP) payouts, Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP) grants and payouts (PSU and Options) and the creation of Total Reward Statements;
- Participate in external salary surveys. Provide analysis and reporting of external data from survey comparators using primary and/or secondary data sources. As well as conduct compensation analysis on competitive pay policies and practices;
- Responsible for the day-to-day administrative initiatives including monitoring and responding to inquiries via shared Compensation Team email inboxes;
- Complete day-to-day compensation tasks and processes including but not limited to ad-hoc LTIP grants and payouts, job evaluation, administration of CP’s Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) and Employee Share Purchase Program (ESPP);
- Administer the relocation program for non-union and union employees by providing support to the third party provider on mobility/relocation. Reviews budget/actual costs of program and recommends improvements that align with business needs, manage escalations effectively communicating with senior leaders;
- Participate in special HR and compensation projects, as required;
- Monitors compliance with legislation and compensation policy, and documents changes to existing policies.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Finance or other relevant fields (Certified Compensation Professional (CPP) designation);
- Minimum 3-5 years in a compensation role or 5+ years of work experience in HR or related role;
- Proficient in SAP, SAP Ad-hoc Query, Spinifex and Advanced skill in MS Office – Excel and PowerPoint. SuccessFactors experience is an asset;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, judgement and decision-making skills;
- Working knowledge of long-term incentive design and administration, performance based compensation systems, and market based pay structures;
- A demonstrable drive to understand and solve complex problems;
- Solution focused – take initiative, enjoy the challenge of problem solving;
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, respect for deadlines with accurate/quality results, a must;
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle changing competing priorities and fluctuating workload.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Hybrid work arrangement
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").