Senior Technical Support Specialist - American Health Network, A Part of Optum (107517760)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This is a telecommute / travel role. Applicants MUST reside in the Columbus, OH region and have the ability to travel to local AHN locations to assist with technical issues. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Traveling to different American Health Network Locations in the Columbus region providing technical support
- Answer and resolve inbound technical contacts at a large corporate Service Desk efficiently and professionally, in a high-volume call center environment
- Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows 10 environment, offering advanced level 1 solutions over the phone, via chat or email
- Use remote control/assistance tools to assist customers when needed
- Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical contacts; balancing customer service, troubleshooting and issue resolution within the constraints of a call handle time goal
- Meet statistical metrics regarding ticket and contact quality, first call resolution, attendance, and productivity
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed
- Provide feedback on technical documentation for publication in Knowledge Base
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers or vice versa for the workgroups
- Accurately and efficiently document (i.e. type) all interactions with customers in an Incident Management tracking tools
- Identify and escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams and workgroups
- Adhere to a strongly regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, non-production time, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience supporting users in a technical support capacity, where there was also 6+ months of providing desktop and application-level 1+ support
- Experience with Networking Principles, experience working in large enterprise network spanning multiple geographic areas. Principles may include: Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Experience with ticketing/tracking systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with Remote Control/Remote Assistance tools (Bomgar, native tools within Windows, and Altiris (Symantec) preferred)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working in a high-volume call center environment where success was gauged by balancing first call resolution, call handle time and, or other specific metrics
- Experience working in environment where success was gauged by balancing first call resolution, call handle time and, or other specific metrics
- Experience assisting customers through alternate intake channels (nonverbal channels such as live chat, email, social media, and web form submissions)
- Experience with Outlook as well as other MS Office applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM
- Net+ certification and/or experience
- Experience working with a knowledge base or knowledge tool
- Exposure to or knowledge of ITIL practices
- Experience with a call routing system (VCC or WWE preferred)
- Experience using and supporting IP phone systems
- Experience with handheld devices
- Experience in a large corporate environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum, Tech, IT Support, Desktop Support, UHG, UnitedHealth, Hiring Immediately, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Senior Tech Support, #RPO