Major Repair Specialist (2210125)
Major Repair Specialist (Job Number: 2210125 )
The purpose of this position is to reduce outside maintenance costs through control of repair scope and labor/parts costs. The position allows improved uptime through increased visibility and active management of repair cycle times. The position removes work from the local Maintenance Supervisor through remote, centralized support of the entire process.
- Negotiate repair scope, and parts/labor costs with outside service providers as necessary based on repair order information and estimate from provider. Determine if estimate is accurate and all repairs are captured and necessary.
- Manage repair to completion and provide periodic updates through ServiceNet by maintaining contact with provider for status updates.
- Provide training on common failures identified for other associates, reviewing trending repairs and how to manage them. Provide technical training plan support by guiding associates towards a more technical role in the department
- Research OEM/service related sites/software to view repair times and parts required to validate the estimate.
- Make recommendations on alternative service plans
- Consult with National OEM service contacts for support with providers and to assist in facilitating repairs.
- Negotiating with outside service providers, and staying abreast of technology advancements within the fleet.
- On Call availability on a rotational basis
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 10 years mechanical/technical experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Tech school certification preferred
- Strong customer service skills required
- Must be computer literate
- Negotiating skills required
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced call center environment
- Consultative ability to translate repairs for first level repair specialists, other operational stakeholders
- Ability to identify common failures and provide training to associates on the team on those failures
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Major Repair Specialist
Req ID: 2210125