Provider Data Specialist - Telecommute (107612734)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Provider Data Specialist is responsible for various activities related to provider data which may include any or all of the following: database maintenance, Facet updates, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses, and initiating database improvement. This position maintains current provider data to ensure the quality of the network. They may be responsible for representing the provider network area on projects, reporting and tracking provider calls and complaint.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Load capitation and contracts into downstream systems
- Configure providers associated with groups, provider notes and network IDs
- Submit health plan system updates
- Validate provider updates are accurate
- Complete provider Adds/Changes/Terms
- Complete Provider demographic changes
- Research and triage ad hoc provider issues
- Research and assist with provider complaints
- Utilize database systems and tools to enter and/or research provider data (examples include: Excel; Facets; NDB; PULSE; NICE; Convey)
- Contact internal data submitter to verify/clarify data to be entered
- Contact health-care providers to gather and verify information
- Format data for loading into respective system (i.e., through automated load)
- Pull and organize data correctly to answer specific business questions
- Research multiple databases to pull in the correct or needed information
- Participate with process improvement opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of provider service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Proficiency with excel
- Claims or Configuration experience
- Facets knowledge and experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.